Edit, June 22: Wrote a batch of updated mini-profiles, now on the cast page. Currently there are no spoiler-cuts, but the length is a bit longer than Style 2, shorter than Style 3.
…for the main and secondary characters, anyway. Tertiary characters are probably going to get the “half-dozen words, max” treatment. (Anyone more background than that just doesn’t appear on the cast page.)
Also! These descriptions are built into the character tags themselves, so if you follow a tag to get all of a character’s appearances, you’ll see the mini-profile at the top. Is that useful, or what?
Backstory behind the readmore:
The cast page used to be “a grid of images with short descriptions.” Then I made a whole Leif & Thorn wiki where all the characters get long and detailed descriptions, so the cast page became “a grid of images with links to the wiki profiles.”
But I could put some a-few-lines-long descriptions back.
Or I could put in a-few-sentences-long descriptions.
I could even take advantage of the spoiler-cut feature, and make a nice clean grid with longish descriptions that only expand when you click them.
Examples of each, and a poll:
Style 1: Just the links, please
Style 2: Short descriptions
Knight, second-in-command, agender (they), hates musicals. Backsword.
Style 3: Long descriptions behind a cut
Here’s a poll, for easy one-click responses. Got more detailed feedback? Leave a comment, let me know what you think.
- Style 2: Short descriptions 36%, 40 votes40 votes 36%40 votes - 36% of all votes
- Style 3: Long descriptions behind a cut 24%, 27 votes27 votes 24%27 votes - 24% of all votes
- ...can we also have pronouns for everyone?* 23%, 26 votes26 votes 23%26 votes - 23% of all votes
- I like all three, but if description is spoilery, then style one or three are helpful.* 7%, 8 votes8 votes 7%8 votes - 7% of all votes
- Style 1: Just the links, please 5%, 5 votes5 votes 5%5 votes - 5% of all votes
- I like style 2, but the way the example shows up on mobile for me is kind of wonky.* 3%, 3 votes3 votes 3%3 votes - 3% of all votes
- No preference 2%, 2 votes2 votes 2%2 votes - 2% of all votes